From making chocolate oatmeal cookies, here is
another cookie recipe that I tried in the Yummy Bake, Give & Sell recipe collection
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (I used hersheys)
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar (sifted)
1. In a bowl, combine oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix together. Add eggs, one at a time.
2. Sift together cocoa, flour and baking powder. Add the creamed mixture and blend well.
3. Chill dough for at least 4 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line a baking tray with wax paper. Set aside.
5. Scoop the dough then roll in sifted confectioners' sugar.
6. Place on the baking tray at least two inches apart.
7. Bake for at least 12 minutes then cool.
|sifted flour, cocoa and baking powder mixture|
|dough mixture before chilling|
|crinkles taken off the oven to cool|
|chocolate crinkles close up|
|crinkles stored for future snacking|
This was my first try and have baked a few more batches after it. I even brought some at the office to sell but i did came out differently from my first try. There are batches that were too thick and the others a little dry. After this, I just hope that my next batch would came out as I would want them to be after a few adjustments from my previous tries.
This also serves as my entry for FOOD FRIDAY for this week
Have a great weekend everyone!