By now your baby should:
* Be able to sit unaided for a short time
- Happy to say my Marianna already does. She plays in her crib sitting down and sitting back on her round pillow.
* Be learning about cause and effect by repeating actions again and again
- She has this butterfly alphabet toy that she bangs in her hand over and over again. And she seems to press on letter "E" and "Y". Probably she likes hearing the sound an Elephant makes and wants to learn how to spell "yoyo" . Also this past week when I got the privelege of taking care of her because of the holy week vacation, i taught her how to use her training cup. After a few tries, she can hold the cup through the handle by herself. Im very proud of her.
Ayan ang anak ko. Holding her Training cup. Tuwang tuwa ako sa kanya, I praise her as i teach her how to use her cup. As i tell her how bright she is, she even looks at me as she uses the cup by herself.
* Show some understanding of object permanence
- I think my Marianna does this already. She has this caterpillar toy placed on the right side of her crib and always plays with it. Tapos may spongebob na toy na nakasabit. When we watch "Spongebob square pants", she always look at her spongebob toy then balik tingin sa tv. he he.
* Reach out for objects more accurately
* Anticipate being lifted up by holding up her arms or head
- In our playtime, i lay her down sa kama and kinikiliti. She has her hands open in an embracing position anticipating that i'll be tickling her. Tapos, pag angat ko, basa na din ako ng laway kasi nang kikiss na sya.
* Smile at own face in mirror
- Eto she does this kahit nung mag 4 months pa lang yata sya. Kasi minsan when we play around, lagi ko sya hinaharap sa salamin. She watches herself giggle from the mirror and even look at me from the mirror when she's on her crib.
By now your baby probably will:
* Be shy with strangers and even exhibit fear
- Ngayon, nangigilala na kasi sya kaya pag ibang tao nakita, umiiyak.
* Bang things on the floor or high chair to make a noise
- My Marianna does bang her hand on her butterfly alphabet toy and makes noise.
* Continue to practice pre - crawling movements
- My Marianna always crawl whether on her crib or placed in the bed.
* Drink from a cup or beaker, with spills
- Eto di ko pa nasubukan. Pero i'll bet my Marianna can do that already.
* Look at strangers seriously instead of with open smiles
- My Marianna does when i sometimes bring her with me outside our house.
By now your baby may even:
* Use index finger to poke at things
Ayan po ang anak ko. Nakaturo. he he
* Give you hugs and kisses
* Laugh out loud during playtime
* Look around briefly for a dropped object.
- My Marianna does this already. Minsan kasi pag binuhat ko sya from her crib, laging may dala dala. Laruan, pamunas nya o kay unan. Then malalaglag, nakatingin din sya dun sa hawak nya na nalaglag.
* Show interest in adults, childen and other babies
- My Marianna shows interest on people, specially babies like her even in her early months.
Namimintana yan and loves looking at the playing kids sa labas namin. Then she watches tv
attentively lalo na pag commercial. She loves yung commercial ng ice cream with the line "Si