Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I have been reading Bo Sanchez's Blog on How do you want to be very happy and in this is what he considers as his 7 tools of happiness. Lets see how I level to these tools.
1. Happy people create their destiny.
* Hmmm, did i create my destiny? I think I somewhat did. I had my first boyfriend when i
was already 23 years old. And hoped and prayed that he'll be the one that I'll eventually
marry. And it came true. After 5 years, my bf then became my ex when he became my
husband. Am I happy? Of course. I love him to death. Who wouldn't be happy to marry
their first love and one and only love of their life?
2. Happy people like themselves a lot
* Do I like myself? I do but not a lot. This is I have to get used to, to be
really happy. Not for being a narcist but for inner contentment.
People nowadays, including myself are not really happy of how they look like or what
they have. And happiness is not having everything you want but in being contented
for what you already have.
3. Happy people nurture connections
* I do this now more than before i got married. Friends adds happiness to your life. I stay
connected thru emails and the ym but if i have time, i do met them once in a while. Having
friends aside from your immediate family makes you feel glad inside. And the ones that
are there to listen thru happy or bad times lessens up your burdens or multiply your
4. Happy people find delight everywhere
* This one I truly believe. It makes you very happy to have delight on simple things like
a good nights' sleep, the smell of fresh linens, the smile of your daughter or a free jeepney
fare courtesy of an office mate.
Being appreciative lightens up your burden. And if used to this habit, you may not
even realize you're experiencing one.
5. Happy people embrace change
* Do I embrace change? I don't really, but i accept it. I don't go against it. And accepting
change doesn't bring headaches. People without headaches should be happy. He he.
6. Happy people trust deeply
* This one I have trouble with. I don't trust 100%. Its only God who I trust all the way.
But I do agree that when you trust deeply, it makes you truly happy since you don't have
any doubts and having doubts decreases the level of happiness.
7. Happy people work their purpose daily
* What is my purpose anyways? Now, I believe my purpose is to be a good daughter to
my parents, a loving, faithful and understanding wife to my husband, a patient, loving
caring mommy to my daughter and a good employee to my bosses. In my assessment,
I'm doing an ok job. But still needs improvement. My additional purpose? To someday
pay back God for all his goodness and kindness in spite of my shortcomings.