I was excited when hubby bought me an oven because I have been wanting to try baking for the longest time. My first baking project would be these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I used a recipe on Yummy's Bake, Give, Sell cook book (hmmmm, i like the idea of selling my baked goods as soon as I get the hang of baking)
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F ( 180 deg C ) and grease baking tray
2. In a bowl, combine flour, oats and baking powder
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter with the white and brown sugars until light (use a mixer or a wire whisk). Then add egg and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in the flour mixture and Fold in the chocolate chips in the mixture
5. Drop batter by tablespoons on the baking tray leaving enough space between the cookies
6. Bake until the edges are lightly browned for about 15 mins then cool cookies before storing
Mixture approximately makes 30 cookies but mine only made 12 cookies since i made bigger ones
Cookies while baking inside the oven
Cookies removed to cool ...
close up look at my chewy chocolate chip cookies ...
cookies ready for storing
( only 6 cookies were left upon completing this entry of mine. i have been munching on them from the moment they cooled off, hehe )
Not bad for my first try. Hubby did liked it. I even missed out the salt and the cinnamon in the recipe, good thing they still came out well :-)
Next on line ..... CHOCOLATE CRINKLES
This also serves as my FOOD FRIDAY entry for the week